Note; I did not post this to condone people to stop attending Church's that are 501c3, but, hopefully you will study up on this and try to educate and encourage your Church to with draw themselves from these exemptions.
There are six main reasons why a N.T. church cannot apply for a taxexemption
from any state agency.
It would deny the Lordship of Christ over His divine assembly and
violate the First Commandment – Thou shalt have no other gods before
me. It stands to reason that it would also recognize the state above
Christ who is the head of the church. (Ephesians 5:23, 24).
• It would exchange a divine right given by God and guaranteed by the
First Amendment for a privilege granted by the state. Esau, who sold
his birthright for a mess of pottage, is called a fornicator (Hebrews.
12:16, 17). This would be a clear violation of the separation of the
church from the state (Matthew 22:21).
• The Lord Jesus pronounces a denunciation upon one who causes
offences or trouble of any kind to come upon others by their actions. To
exchange God-given rights for a privilege granted by an evil state
would destroy those rights to the next generation and cause others to
stumble. (Matthew 18:7).
• Exemption is a benefit from the state. It is a sin for the Lord’s church to
accept benefits from government. (Genesis 14:17-24; Matthew 6:11;
• The receiving of tax-deductible gifts is theft from the body politic and
in clear violation of the scriptures. (III John 7). It will also cause
believers of this generation to lose rewards at the Judgment Seat of
Christ. (Matthew 6:2)
• For churches, qualifications for the exemption must be met, which is a
contract agreeing to unbiblical beliefs and practices. Note IRS
Publication 1828. The privilege can be revoked at any time. (II
Corinthians 6:14; Luke 14:28-35). This is the sin of presumption at its
• The rules and regulations of the exempt agency takes precedent over
the Holy Scriptures in violation of the time honored position that the
Bible is the only guide for N.T. churches faith and practice. (II Timothy
3:15-17) GREG DIXON TRAIL OF BLOOD REVISITED